Thursday, March 24, 2011

Little House on the Prairie


This morning, after finding a great deal on a room at the Chateau Laurier we headed into Ottawa, first destination - Fabricland. Carm dropped me off and I had half an hour to myself looking for the right fabrics. I found a lovely blue one with pretty daisy's and a funky green one with little grasshoppers. The three fabrics that I have now for redoing the camper cushions and also a tablecloth should look bright and cheery. I can't wait to get started.


After Fabricland we headed off for a little cheat on the diet - Pho, Vietnamese soup. So delicious and not a horrible fatty cheat that a shwarma would have been! We can almost feel virtuous.


Then we headed to St. Laurent Fruit and Vegetables to stock up on a few necessities. They had the largest star fruit that I've ever seen so of course I had to get one of those too. It's not quite ripe yet though so no photos. They also had these pretty little eggplants that looked like jewels and there were others that were perfectly purple and shiny. Too bad Carm can't eat eggplant :-(


Today's word of the day is unknown again! They must be having trouble with their website.

My pleasures today: looking at all the beautiful fabrics at Fabricland ; even better than looking, finding a few that will be great on the camper ; tasty soup ; an outing on a sunny day ; finding lots of fresh produce at the store ; getting a room booked at the Chateau!


--------------------------------------------------------------------

31 Day Challenge is "your favorite book or author".

The Complete Little House Nine-Book SetMy favorite series of books is the "Little House on the Prairie" books by Laura Ingles Wilder. They are charming children's books about pioneer times. I've given sets to my nieces who all love them. I re-read them again a few years ago and enjoyed them just as much as the first time I read them.

No comments: