Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Puppy Visit


4 week old miniature puppy
We had a visit today from Dawn, Spike's breeder. She brought with her two litters of puppies along with their mothers. Curry, a toy with one tiny male puppy, and Princess a miniature with a male and a female puppy. The puppies are just four weeks so not running and playing yet but you could see that they were curious about their surroundings. So sweet. All puppies have new homes waiting for them, including two lucky little girls who have been waiting two years for a puppy of their own. Every time we have a visit with Dawn puppy fever starts again. Spring is a particularly hard time of year for me and this spring will be no different. Her silver miniature, Olivia, is expecting puppies any day now - maybe the birth will fall on Carm's birthday and we'll just HAVE to get one. A pretty female would fit in nicely and be a great playmate for Spike - I already have a name picked out...





Today's word of the day is billion (BILL-yun noun - 1: the number 1,000,000,000 : a thousand million b British, old-fashioned : the number 1,000,000,000,000 : a million million ; 2: a very large number). Do you think its related to the word Bazillion? As in - I asked him a bazillion times to stop drumming his fingers. Or maybe if I had a millon dollars re: Bare Naked Ladies ? Can we account for inflation and change it to a billion dollars?


My pleasures today: seeing cute little puppies - too young to be playing around but sweet none the less.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

31 Day Challenge is "How you came up with the name of your blog."

I was just over a month away from retirement and I wasn't really sure how that was going to go (ha ha). I wanted to make sure that I pursue and enjoy the pleasures that were upcoming. At the same time my brother Olaf and his wife Tammy gave me a book called "The Book of Idle Pleasures" and right away I knew what the name of my blog was going to be.

No comments: