Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dream Worlds

some dogs know how to relax!
Today's word of the day is Kafkaesque (kahf-kuh-ESK adjective : of, relating to, or suggestive of Franz Kafka or his writings; especially : having a nightmarishly complex, bizarre, or illogical quality). Yeah - okay... although you could certainly call a lot of my dreams Kafkaesque... they are often bizzare and violent. I can still remember one nightmare I had when I was a little girl - a neighbor was trying to poison me with Campbell's Alphabet soup that she had poisoned. There was also a part in an airplane cargo hold with someone trying to push me out. Pretty good for a little girl of 7 or 8 years old! I didn't even know planes had cargo holds then. I still have crazy dreams, often with someone trying to kill me - weird eh!

My pleasures today: starting on a smaller crochet project - one that will actually get finished in a few days, unlike the giant project of the throw that I'm also making. Today's project will just be a pillow - for the camper! 'Cause it's getting close to camping time :-)


--------------------------------------------------------------------

31 Day Challenge is "a skill you'd like to learn".



Easy - anything artsy or crafty. I'd love to be able to quilt, crochet, sew other than a straight line, draw, paint, wood-work. Well, you get the drift!



Can you guess what Carm is doing?

2 comments:

Terri's Pal said...

My guess -- picking up dog droppings.

Laura said...

Yeah Dorothy! I'll bet every dog owner knows the drill :-/ Luckily for us they mostly go in the far reaches of the hay field and don't need picking up.