Saturday, January 12, 2013

Another Long and Winding Road

I'm beginning to think that all roads in NZ (or at least Wellington) are winding. Tammy, Freya (8 month old neice) and I drove over to Macara where Kirsten's girls were riding in a pony club gymkana. You would not believe the roads. There is not a straight stretch anywhere. And narrow. Very Narrow. With steep drop offs. And did I mention that they are windy. It is very pretty, if you can take your eyes off the road long enough to see! Seriously though, Tammy is a fine driver and I felt very safe with her behind the wheel.

We made it to pony club in time to see the girls ride in some of their events - both girls were having a good day with their ponies. It looked like tons of fun. I would have given my eye teeth to have done that as a kid (or an adult for that matter!). It was so nice to see everyone I could hardly let them go (I'm sure they were rolling their eyes and their old auntie!).



I thought I was going to do a witty, intelligent post, but instead my brain keeps shutting off from lack of sleep. According to my clock it is 12:15am back home, where as here I think it is 6:15 pm. I don't think it will take much for me to drop off to sleep tonight!

Olaf & Tammy's place is on a hill (where else), with views of the ocean. The end of the runway is just off to the left (no idea what direction that actually is), so we see planes taking off every 5 or 10 minutes. It is a sleepy little airport.




Happy Tails from the other side of the world!

No comments: