Monday, May 3, 2021

34 years

 Yesterday marked 34 years since our first date... an eternity… so we had a little meetup with Kirsten and her menage and then ate a bit of grilled meat. With the rain falling all day we had lots of time to reminisce about that day and the years that have followed.



It’s been on and off raining again today so I’ve been loitering on the sofa doing data things. I’ve now got a spreadsheet with a list of unique meals that we’ve had since the beginning of 2020. There are 164 entries and yet I have to wrack my brain to figure out next week’s supper plan. This list will take away some of the pain and since Carm’s got a copy he can pick out things he likes.


I have some sort of sick obsession with documentation that retirement never managed to shake.


Spike is doing great. Often he shows no limp at all although he still likes to have help getting up the stairs. I’ve removed the ramp to the bed until I’m confident that he can go up and down without issue, but other than that he’s almost back to normal. What has changed is that he gladly accepts our help and practically leaps into our arms when we bend down to pick him up.



“I was up for a few minutes before 6am this morning and the sky was a gorgeous blush pink”

“the salty creamy chunk of feta in my egg bite”

“yesterday: lying back in the tub with the sun flickering on the water - the trees cloaked with adolescent leaves were silhouetted against the intense blue sky”

No comments: