Tuesday, May 11, 2021

golden glow of the early morning sun

 I finally put my phone down near midnight last night and snuggled into the covers to go to sleep. Why so late? Too many hilarious videos… some from SNL (who can forget Martin Short’s synchronized swimming), a funny one of cowboys dancing (so weird), one about a Jellicle cat at the animal shelter. Oh there were more… I couldn’t stop laughing…


I was still laughing this morning at 7am when Spike needed to go outside and with the sun shining a golden hue my smile widened. That didn’t stop me from going back to bed though!



On ‘second wake up’ the sky was grey… my smile wavered…


Despite the showery day (with a tiny bit of hail!), Carm got the board installed and the barrels moved into place. It’s awesome and I’m excited to have a good sized herb garden just outside the kitchen door. We’ll tuck in a few cherry tomatoes with the herbs. Bolstered with our success we ventured into the village to look for plants. We found a few taller plants for the deck but no coleus or petunias. We’ll look at Costco. Or if we can find it, a little nursery somewhere in the countryside.


Ontario is stopping AstraZeneca… it remains to be seen how this will affect us. The talk on the airwaves is that Ford will be extending our stay-at-home order into June… (this does not make it onto my awesome list).




Awesome!


“the golden glow of the early morning sun”

“the staff lady at the Rona was pleasant and helpful”

“finding cheap black planters for the new palms”

“listening to a bit of Marvin Gaye… so smooth… so sweet… so tragic”


No comments: