Friday, May 7, 2021

reflecting

 The topics on my blog are a reflection of what’s going on in my life and when I can’t think of one thing to say it shows that I’m on autopilot, not thinking about anything, just going through the motions. But really, what else can be done these days? I started to list the things we haven’t done but realized that wouldn’t get me to where I want to be.


Today I let my thoughts plunge into the abyss of what we are missing out on due to covid. It makes no sense to think about it as nothing can be done and it just leaves me unhappy. I’ve been trying to look at the positive things in my days - not as they apply to covid - but in general. 


Being mindful of daily life doesn’t leave room for rumination and if I can find joy in the simple things life seems so much better.


Covid didn’t leave me with any other choice than to find other things to focus on… I know how low I have gotten in the past and I never want to have my finger on the literal trigger again.


All the things that I’ve learned about managing my illness totally came to bear this past year, so in some ways I feel blessed that I’ve had to do so much ‘work’ over the past 17 (wtf) years.


So you see, I’ve been doing not much but still managed to blurp out a blog post. Oh yes, writing my blog has been one of the things that have helped so much. Having a place to share thoughts is priceless.



Awesome!

So many things today even though I felt a little down


“filling a bag with m&m’s using a huge scoop”

“I forgot to give the Bulk Barn guy my coupon so I went back into the store with it to see if anything could be done - he gave me $5 cash!!!!”

“finding an empty glass jar that perfectly fit the spice that I bought, and better still it fit into my spice bin”

“listening to ‘Old King’ by Neil Young and remembering our past dogs”

“getting a text to arrange a meet up”

No comments: