Wednesday, May 12, 2021

at the nursery

 I often write my post in the afternoon or maybe right after supper but today we were too busy in the afternoon shopping for plants and then after supper we had a virtual meetup with O… so… I’ll kludge a few words together now.



At noon we headed cross-country towards Berwick. We saw some farmers planting but most fields look like they’ve already been tended. It’s dry though, so very dry. We’ll need some rain in the next week or two to help the corn and soy germinate.


Funny that I say we need rain as we’ve been on the cusp of it for two weeks, alas, only the odd raindrop has hit the ground since March. It’s been a weird spring with early hot weather followed by weeks of overcast.


So, back to the nursery. It was right where we remembered it. It’s a smaller operation and had most of what we were looking for - except basil, a few herbs, thankfully there were no plants that made me second guess what we bought yesterday. 


Next nursery in the village had the rest of the herbs we wanted. The covered area filled with begonia hanging plants has emblazend itself in my memory - I know where I’d put the pink one!



Once we got home we brought the dogs out (Adia ran zoomies around us) and puttered around outside. Well, I puttered, Carm did actual work, cutting a bit of grass and digging a new tomato bed. Adia ran hither and thither.



Awesome!

I’m drawing blanks tonight! I know there were lots of things that brought joy, but gosh, I can’t remember them!


“tree branches silhouetted against a brilliant blue sky is one sight that never fails to bring pleasure”

“Adia doing her deek the lion crazy run”

“tulips in full bloom”


No comments: