Friday, May 14, 2021

laden with blossoms

 With a seat in the orchestra section I relaxed in the swing enjoying a performance by countless feathered musicians. With a stage lit by an early morning sun their song mirrored my feelings of Joy.


from my bedroom window


Afflicted with a serious case of man-blindness I searched for the shovel that was actually right by my feet… then my phone disappeared… then the fabric for the bottom of the barrels. I eventually found everything but wondered if I was addled from the sun or just distracted by it. But I was outside! In shorts!


The barrels are almost prepared, they just need more soil. The unplanted cherry tomato seedlings are soaking up the sun nearby. A few more days and we'll plant.


Mosquito.


sitting under the apple blossoms this morning


In the late afternoon I brought my little speaker outside to the deck and jived to some AC/DC… I was in the mood for some heavy metal! The joy of life with no close neighbors ❤️


Spike is doing well with only an occasional limp. He still wants help up and down the stairs and on/off the bed. I think I’m getting a bit stronger but gosh he’s heavy! His spirits are up and he spends a few minutes every day running around and he still has an appetite, in fact he jumps around so much when I’m feeding him that I’m sure he’s going to hurt himself again...



Awesome!


“the whole day"

but more specifically

“ it’s going to be a good year for apples as the trees are laden with blossoms - all open now!”

“if I stand in the middle of the laneway I can see 8 different types of flowers, not counting the cheerful dandylion”

“icy cold drink on the swing”


What a strange thing!
to be alive
beneath cherry blossoms.”
― Kobayashi Issa

No comments: