Sunday, May 16, 2021

it's electrifying

 This morning as I flung open the bedroom to reveal another sunny day a wash of joy brightened my day. As I glanced at the apple tree I started thinking how much my Mom would enjoy the sight - they are totally covered with flowers - I would have liked to invite them out this afternoon… but no… all the stupid people who can’t follow simple distancing and gathering rules have caused our premier to forbid all gatherings, even small ones outside. I was mad!


But it wasn’t a realistic wish anyway… I took a chair out to sit for a bit under the apple trees and was swarmed by mosquitos. Swarmed. I snapped a few photos then beat it inside.



I had a bit of an epiphany yesterday… math has never been my strong point, in fact I have a rather large mental block with numbers causing my brain to freeze which renders me unable to do the simplest of problems. Well… facebook had a meme questioning how your brain works when doing a simple arithmetic problem. I looked blankly for several seconds and then suddenly found a trick! I did it and no fingers were involved! Awesome!



Awesome!


“math!”

“the apple tree at the end closest to the house is totally white with blooms”

“getting Spike and Adia to pose for a photo”

“the sound of the generator making us electricity during today’s planned power outage”

“my niece’s bright sunny faces on zoom”

“new leaves unfurling on the majestic palms”

“the crinkle at the corner of Carm’s eye when I make him laugh”


No comments: