Thursday, May 13, 2021

sprinkle it with dew

 Blue sky greeted my bleary eyes as I lifted Spike down from the bed… oh, it was cold… but my gosh the morning was spectacular. I ambled up and down the laneway waiting for Spike to do his thing, almost (not really), thinking that I’d not go back to bed, instead I’d bring a chair with my coffee to a spot under the blossom laden boughs. It wasn’t even 7am though so thoughts of burrowing myself in a heap of quilts were too strong.


Who can take a sunrise

Sprinkle it with dew

Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two?

~ the Candy Man


We headed out late in the morning, me with gardening gloves, Carm with muscles to do heavy work. Except for the barrels, all the empty planters have had the soil dug up and refreshed and the little cedars have been planted. The majesty palms have been potted into a more permanent home. Their pots are roomy enough for some thyme and oregano around the edge. I’m getting excited to get the plants out and growing! 



We had an over the gate chat with CW, a woman that I knew from my riding days. It was lovely to see her after all these years and strangely - I dreamt about her last night or the night before.


Adia didn’t stop smiling as she went about her day in the fresh air. She was pretty much always at my side although she did do some squirrel hunting at the other side of the trailer. She always came running when I called - I was smart enough to put a few treats in my pocket to reinforce all this great behaviour. She’s evolved into a pretty darn good dog.



We made a terrible discovery today. Shawarma has re-entered our universe at the pizza place nearby. Of course we had to test it out and wowzers - it was a ginormous plate of food. Guess what we are having for supper tomorrow night.  Next time we’ll order 1 and share.



Awesome!


“the heat of the sun on my shoulders”

“when we built the house my vision was to have a row of apple trees along the laneway… we did plant those trees and now a stroll down the lane under the apple blossoms is a dream come true”

“Adia”

“seeing a friend that I hadn’t seen for 20 years”

“garlic sauce!”

“the sudden realization that today felt like summer”


No comments: