Friday, May 28, 2021

sew sew crazy

 I’ve come to the realization that I need to be at least a little bit manic to sew. I’m almost the opposite of that today, but I gave it a big try anyway - I only got as far as unearthing bits of fabric and wheeling the machine from its lair. Once I started to measure I was flummoxed. Which fabric to use? Did I have enough? Should I pair 2 fabrics together? and so it went… I escaped to the sofa to think some more. 



The living room is now a mess but I’m almost paralysed, unable to commit to going forward, but also not wanting to go backwards. We’ll live with the chaos for a few days!


What am I wanting to make you may ask. Well, since I have a heavy measure of the ‘matching’ gene passed down from my mother, I want to make a few small outdoor cushions for the villetta. The mismatched patio chairs will be brought together with matching pillows. YIKES! I just read what I wrote. I know it’s crazy but I can’t help it 😨.


It wasn’t quite a frost last night but nearly. Luckily Carm had brought in a few of the more fragile plants but sadly his tomatoes were touched by the cold. It continues to be cool today, a big difference from last week when we were sweltering.



Awesome!


“deciding not to fire up the sewing machine”

“finding a few stashes of outdoor fabric”

“getting the truck ready for tomorrow’s outing”



No comments: