Thursday, May 27, 2021

waiting for godot

 My hands were blue when I came in from watering this morning and I had wished that I’d worn one of my cosy flannel shirts. The temps have been all over the place: yesterday we had a high of 28C and now it’s 11C (at 11:30am). The wind is blowing hard too so there’s likely some wind chill.


There’s a chipmunk frequenting the back deck that’s digging up my pots! We need Bella back there - she was crazy for chippies. She caught one once and I managed to grab her and pry her mouth open. The little creature sat there for a moment then dashed away unscathed except for some slobber. I think Bella was as surprised as it was!


Yesterday was one of those frustrating long days waiting for the reverse delivery person to pick up a parcel that we are returning… the gate was open all day so that meant careful outs with the dogs, plus we wanted to get a photo of the vehicle doing the pickup, so no music and hyper alert to someone coming down the laneway. They never showed up! And are apparently, maybe, coming today… Carm’s got no faith so has driven the parcel into the city for a personal return.


It turns out that we would have waited forever as they’d failed to tick a box somewhere.


My thoughts are turning towards the camper and what we’ll need to do to make it habitable… unfortunately this meant racing thoughts at 4:45 am this morning. Maybe it was random thoughts speeding through my brain that woke me up or maybe it was Spike needing to go outside. He’s getting up earlier and earlier every day - I think it’s ‘old man’ bladder. Nine hours isn’t too bad I guess. He can hold his pee for almost that long during the day though so I’m not sure what the problem is.


I thought he’d be young forever… instead he’s aging more quickly than I ever feared.



Awesome!


“blue sky could be seen in the ½ moon window in the bedroom”

“Carm coming home with a load of groceries from Costco”

“seeing the number of vaccines administered go up while the cases go down”

“Nissa got her vaccine!”

No comments: