Tuesday, May 4, 2021

joy in everything

 Carm cut grass for a second day while I languished on the sofa, my stomach a little iffy. I did extract myself from the puffy pillows to make a bunch of meatballs, saute little riblets, and finally to pour some ground tomatoes over the whole lot. We are both looking forward to supper.


The sun didn’t make an appearance today but it didn’t rain either. With the wind a bit cool it was a good day for staying inside and cooking.



Later: the meatballs were good but I forgot to salt the sauce so it was incredibly bland :-(



Today I had a harder time noticing the awesome - it takes time to build a habit - but did find some joy. My legs are a little tired from kicking up my heels to old music as I cooked.



“a big pot of tomato sauce with 2 dozen hand made meatballs simmering in the instant pot”

“the tulips are getting ready to open!”

“the sound of Spike thundering up and down the hall as he races around”

“the B52s”

No comments: