Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Congenial


Pan and Bella
Pan was congenial
Today's word of the day is congenial (kun-JEEN-yul adjective - 1: having the same nature, disposition, or tastes : kindred ; 2a : existing together harmoniously b : suited to one's nature, tastes, or outlook c : sociable, genial). There's not a nicer way to spend an evening as that spent with congenial company.

I love having people over for supper - it combines two things that I like to do: cook, and visit with friends. First everyone gathers around the kitchen island with a glass of wine while I finish the last touches for supper. Then we all move to the table to eat and converse. I think the congenial conversation around the supper table helps with digestion. Our house is a great room concept, so the kitchen is open to the table area which means that I can still be part of the conversation as I'm getting the next course served or cleaning up some dishes. It is a great house for entertaining and as we've come to really appreciate, for daily living.

My pleasures today: enjoying the sweet taste of a ripe mango, and its really good mixed with banana and strawberries - the diet I'm on prescribes at least 4 fruits a day so my breakfast is all fruit - yum. I didn't even miss the toast and butter.
Bella as a puppy

No comments: