Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Soft and Fluffy No More

My morning was spent going through the two big freezers and the fridge freezer, throwing out tons of old food, some of which I couldn't even identify. Yikes. Why don't I put labels on containers! When will I learn! Are we the only ones who are bad at freezer management or is this a perennial problem?

Today's word of the day is chameleon (kuh-MEEL-yun noun - 1: a small lizard whose skin changes color especially according to its surroundings ; 2a : a person given to often expedient or facile change in ideas or character b : one that is subject to quick or frequent change especially in appearance). My brother Graham was big into reptiles when he was little and at one time he did have a chameleon. It was a cuter (and less dangerous) pet than the 10+ foot python that he brought home one time. It was huge. My mom said no, so the snake didn't stay. The chameleon by contrast was small and cute.


Winter has been ruined... the ice has come... all that lovely snow has melted to a crusty, icy mess.


My pleasures today: seeing the nicely organized, spacious freezers ; having tea with a friend was the best pleasure - it was nice to see Christina.

No comments: