Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Little

There's always a little truth behind every 'just kidding.'
A little knowledge behind every 'I don't know.'
A little emotion behind every 'I don't care.'
A little love behind every 'I hate you!'
A little uneasiness behind every 'I'm okay.'
A little pain behind every 'forget it.'
A little fear behind every 'leave me alone.'
A little hope behind every 'goodbye.'
And a little 'something' behind every 'nothing.'
Author Unknown
I need lessons!
Today's word of the day is torpedo (tor-PEE-doh noun 1a : a weapon for destroying ships by rupturing their hulls below the waterline: as b : a submarine mine c : a thin cylindrical self-propelled underwater projectile ; 2: a large sandwich on a long split roll with any of a variety of fillings : submarine). Aside from the torpedos in the interminable war documentaries that Carm watches, the only torpedo that I can talk about are the ones that we commonly call submarines. There's a chain in our area called Subway, and even one in the little village nearby. We rarely ever go - I'm just not a big fan of torpedo's.

Someone sent us this link to a YouTube video with a woman singing about losing her memory to the tune of "Memories" by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Its very clever and funny.

My pleasures today: getting my required 10 hours of sleep, even though it was a really late night - and not even feeling guilty ; seeing the fresh snow on the trees ; watching the dogs lie cuddled up in the sun (so cute) ;

2 comments:

Serenata said...

The dogs look very snug indeed. Glad you had a good nights sleep.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, especially your photos of your beautiful dogs. And today's photo, well I've never seen such contented looks before. Gail