Monday, February 21, 2011

Fraternize

sleepy day for some
Today's word of the day is fraternize (FRAT-er-nyze verb - 1: to associate or mingle as brothers or on fraternal terms ; 2a : to associate on close terms with members of a hostile group especially when contrary to military orders b : to be friendly or amiable). Carm's a great one for fraternizing with people he meets in the course of a day. He always has a friendly word for cashiers, help desk staff and anyone else he may encounter. I try to do this as well, but sometimes I may seem distant as I focus on the task at hand. We both always try to remember that someone else's bad mood may be due to an some stressful thing in their life but a kind word can ease the tension. Don't you always feel better when faced with the kindness of strangers?

My pleasures today: getting up early to make a reservation at our favorite Ontario Park and getting the one on the water that we were hoping for ; walking on the treadmill listening to a great Paul Simon song from Graceland and the beat perfectly matched a 3.8 mph walk - energizing ; getting through 2 huge bins of old clothes when I only planned to do one garbage bag worth. I now have a gigantic pile to take to the Sally Ann and even a half bag for garbage!!! Yes I threw some stuff out and didn't make one rag!

No comments: