Monday, February 14, 2011

My One and Only Love

Living Loving and Learning

Today's word of the day is canoodle (kuh-NOO-dul verb : to engage in amorous embracing, caressing, and kissing). I suppose its fitting on Valentines day when many of us will be canoodling with our significant others, at least when we exchange gifts or cards. I think that with our busy lives (okay, not mine - its not so busy!) we get out of the habit of those spontaneous hugs in the hallway and kisses in the kitchen. I'm going to make a resolution today to remember to show Carm everyday that he's loved. Hugs and Kisses will be Abundant.


Love is always bestowed as a gift -
freely, willingly and without expectation.
We don't love to be loved;
we love to love.
   Dr. Leo Buscaglia, 1924-1998
   American Author, Professor and Inspirational Speaker

This quote reminded me of a few books of his that I read years and years ago, probably when I was in my mid 20's and was going through a difficult period. So I headed downstairs to our 'library' (a bunch of bookcases in an unfinished room) and found both books. One is called "Love", and the other "Living, Loving & Learning". I think I'll read them again now and see how relevant they are to my now stable life in a committed, loving relationship.

In the Hands of A Chef : Cooking with Jody Adams of Rialto RestaurantThe other book I'm reading is called "In the Hands of a Chef" by Jody Adams. She writes extensively about each recipe which makes for interesting reading but I do find her somewhat pretentious.
This morning I was in the kitchen and when I turned around I saw that Spike had dragged a big fluffy pillow from the seat of the loveseat to the back where he likes to lie down. I guess it wasn't comfortable enough! I didn't have the heart to take it away from him (is he spoiled or what!).

My pleasures today: packing up some clothes for Sally Ann and also throwing some old clothes out ; spending time with my honey.



And I'll end this post with a song by Louis Armstrong for my honey (and editor)  "...........Every kiss you give... sets my soul on fire....i give myself in sweet surrender...my one and only love"



No comments: