Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mediterranean vegetables with roasted-garlic couscous

I watched a National Geographic program last night called "Known Universe". It documented several different ways that the planet could come to its end. It seems that the most likely cause of demise is a super volcano that will poison the earth. I thought that the neutron star quake, sending its waves of gamma radiation bursts was a good one too. I'd rather not know about these dangers and go about my days thinking that the the biggest threat to my way of life lies in the ups and downs of the stock market.

Oblivious to the impending global disaster, she spent the morning putting the trinkets and tinsel of Christmas away, the last chords of Christmas music playing in the background.


Today's word of the day is netroots (NET-roots noun - the grassroots political activists who communicate via the Internet especially by blogs). I'm not particularly political, in fact you could say that I'm not at all, but Carm on the other hand is. I should get him looking for netroots in blog land as there might be topics that will engage his mind. I noticed him on WikiLeaks yesterday so perhaps he will find them without prompting by me.

My idle pleasure today was smelling the vegetables roasting for "Mediterranean vegetables with roasted-garlic couscous" from 125 Best  Entertaining Recipes  - new recipe #1 for the new year. It was delicious and could be made while camping as I think the vegetables could roast on the bbq.

There were a few times today when it really struck me that - yes - we are retired. A profound feeling of relaxation and calmness washed over me.



No comments: