Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Worries


It's warmer today with a high of -3 C. It was a nice day for a longer walk although it was warmer so the dogs turned into snowballs. Then after talking to my sister in NZ for an hour it was time for some Kinect play. It was just me as Carm had errands to run (and claims a sore knee) - I'll have a leg up when we next compete!

Today's word of the day is censure (SEN-sher verb : to find fault with and criticize as blameworthy). Its important not to censure people who do things differently. When you eat, are you a mixer or do you keep everything separate. Do you mix multiple things on one fork full or are you careful to take only one item at a time? I'm a mixer - almost every bite has a bit of a couple of things, my plate ends up with things mixed and looks quite chaotic. Carm on the other hand keeps everything neatly apart and only takes one thing on his fork at the same time. I don't censure him just because he's different though (I just laugh at him).

Spike imitating a snowball


Today's inspiration - I thought it was a good one:
If a problem is fixable,
if a situation is such that you can do something about it,
then there is no need to worry.
If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying.
There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.
Tenzin Gyatso
14th Dalai Lama of Tibet
the blue side is less BLUE in real life
Today I spent the afternoon with my sewing machine... and a seam ripper... Persistence did prevail and I eventually got the seat cushion for the loveseat done. I decided to sew my own rather than rely on the one that came with the slipcover as it was too delicate and was already getting pilled. Plus the fabrics coordinate with the other cushions I'm going to make. It turned out looking a little funny and I realized once it was done that I should have used piping, but I've never done a box cushion so adding the piping on top of things would make it even more complicated (and possibly even more seam ripping). The underside is a heavy denim so I can flip it over for muddy spring. All in all I'm pretty happy with it and now I feel inspired to do the rest of the living room cushions.

No comments: